Matte Painter/Environment Artist, Concept Artist, Illustrator
I'm a highly skilled Matte Painter, Concept Artist and Illustrator with over 20 years of experience. I possess multiple citizenships and passports: American, British and Croatian, allowing me to work throughout the US and Europe free of restrictions. I'm currently a freelancer and am open to remote work from my home office as well as short term relocation.
I’ve worked on live action films, animated feature films, television and commercials and have extensive experience with 2D, 2.5D and 3D shots. I'm passionate about visual effects and always try to keep up with the latest technologies.
I'm also a Commercial Illustrator and Graphic Designer with many years of experience working on a variety of projects for a number of prestigious companies from London to Silicon Valley. I've done extensive work for tech companies, ad/pr agencies and creative agencies.
I'm an avid painter in oils and acrylics and have spent a lot of time doing plein air painting outdoors. Samples of my work are in my portfolio.
I graduated, Cum Laude, from San Jose State University, where I received a BFA in Illustration/Animation in 2002. While there I received comprehensive training in the fundamentals of art from highly skilled and talented illustrators.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
Out of the Shadows (2016)
- James Bond: Spectre (2015)
- Kingsman, Secret Service (2015)
- Carol (2015)
- Hercules (2014)
- The Two Faces of January (2014)
- Vampire Academy (2014)
- Riddick (2013)
- White House Down (2013)
- The Great Gatsby (2013)
- Total Recall (2012)
- Clash of the Titans (2010)
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)
- Salt (2010)
- Avatar (2009)
- Where the Wild Things Are (2009)
- The Tale of Despereaux (2008)
- Sinbad (2012)
- Dr. Who (2010-2011)
- Primeval (2010-2011)
- Merlin (2011)
- Sherlock (2010)
- Coronation Street (2010)
- Double Negative
- The Mill
- Prime Focus
- Mokko Studio
- The Mill Commercials
- Duarte Design
- Fineline Design
- Laser Works
- Sun Microsystems
- Emmy Nomination: Sherlock – Study in Pink: Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special, 2011. I was honored to have been one of a team of five artists at The Mill that were named in an Emmy nomination that was given to BBC’s production of Sherlock.
- Featured in “The Human Form” national juried exhibition at the Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago, 2006
- Featured in “Trains Past, Present, Future” national juried exhibition at the St. Louis Artists’ Guild, 2006
- The Society of Illustrators Award, national student competition, 2003, $1,000.00 Prize
- The Society of Illustrators Award, national student competition, 1999, $2,000.00 Prize